Mr. Lt. Junior Grade
Well it is official. Adam is a chaplain in the Navy. The first week of October he was scheduled to be commissioned. We arrived late of course.. probably not the best foot forward but what I'm learning is that in the military it is hurry up and wait philosophy so we weren't really late.
Adam was quickly taken away to sign some paper work while I stayed with our friends Greg and Gail. Once Adam was finished his recruiter came and got us and said "lets to do this." We were taken to the front of the office (the 2nd picture) where I was place in the front row and Adam was standing with his recruiter. He took the oath and then everyone came and shook our hands and said congratulations, this was the crazy part it was just crazy.
Afterwards we were in the car and I said let's celebrate so we went to Cheesecake Factory, which is one of those places we have always really enjoyed going and always have great conversation there. It was a great time and we both are in awe of God's faithfulness in our lives and through out this process.
We are super excited about this journey and can't wait to get started in sunny California!!!!!
2 comments:
So many exciting things happening for the Bayers! Thank you so much for keeping this blog, I hope you continue as your adventures continue. Best of luck with everything!
The Naars
Hi Jen,
You had left a message on our blog (navychaplainastory.blogspot.com) and requested my email: aearls@liberty.edu. You said you guys are stationed in CA, email me and let me know where. I know a few chaplain's wives out here so depending on where you are I may be able to help you get connected. We just moved to Temecula, CA (Josh is stationed at Camp Pendleton). Email me anytime:) Annie
Post a Comment